Journeying through the industries of freelance writing and music

A collection of thoughts and experiences related to the industries…and whatever else I should decide to post.
Thanks for stopping by, and may the joy and peace of God rest on you now and always.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Following God’s Leading Along the Journey of Hope Beyond Hope

The year of 2013 was an amazing year. The Lord opened so many doors for me to sing in so many venues that I found it pretty impossible to keep up with my blog. As I listen for His leading in regard to 2014, I am wondering if it will be another year in which I seem to be running to keep up with Him! But before I go there, I have to give Him the praise for all the amazing blessings that came to me in 2013. I’d say that it’s every singer-songwriter-musician’s dream to get airplay for at least one song that they record. I have been blessed to have three songs get airplay!

One song is from the Following a Leading CD. The song “The Voice of the Lord” was inspired by the Old Testament book of Joshua. For those who may need a refresher, Joshua was Moses’ successor that led the Israelites into the Promised Land. I suppose that song is one of several that highlights the freelance writer in me, with lyrics that tell the story from Joshua’s point of view. It was actually a lot of fun to write, though I wrote it at a rather trying time in my life. I was really identifying with Joshua as I trusted the Lord to bring me into the “promised land” that I believed He was (and still is) leading me into.

Another song that received airplay was “Behold I Stand” from the Hope Beyond Hope CD. This was inspired primarily by Revelation chapter 3, Luke chapter 12, verse 37, and was written with the heart of the intercessor in mind. Jesus commands us to “watch and pray” as His return continues to draw near.  Especially since no one knows the hour or the day.

I’m so grateful to WFCJ in Dayton, Ohio (93.7) and Robin Walton for including these songs as a part of her Notes from Home program, as well as “Son of Promise,” my Christmas song on the Hope Beyond Hope CD. “Son of Promise” also made it into the Christmas rotation of several radio stations in the tri-state area (Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana), as well as a couple radio stations out in Sparta, Illinois, and three national radio networks, CBSL Network / CB Satellite, Thy Word, and Life Talk Radio.

So between all that and the live events where I got to sing, it has been a very busy year for me. I was even blessed with the privilege to be able to pray with a few of the people that I encountered at my concerts.

As I begin to really gear up for 2014, I find that I have lots of dreams that I am trusting God to bring to pass. More singing out (including some touring) and airplay would be wonderful, and of course I’d love to do some more recording. I have plenty of songs; it’s just a matter of how the Lord chooses to direct my path in the coming months. I eagerly look forward to continuing the journey of Following His Leading along a path where Hope Beyond Hope is found exclusively in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment